Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Another visit on the horizon

First and foremost, I would like to apologize if little or none of this makes any sense. I will be talking about blood tests my doctor ordered (which I'll go into more detail about down the road) but I also have a general issue with concentration. My thoughts are constantly scattered and I tend to just sit down and write what comes to mind, as it comes to mind, and in a way as if I was just standing there speaking. This may lead to posts that don't have a very good flow to them and I apologize. Go go brain fog! =)

To start off, last Monday (Oct 29th) I had my follow up appointment with my doctor and we went over my labs. She even printed them out for me to take home to keep for my records. Now I don't know what makes an awesome doctor, but that is definitely on my list. 

I did test positive on the ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies) test for lupus and my CRP (c-reactive protein) and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) also confirmed the diagnosis as well. I also had an elevated white blood cell count, lowered red blood cell count, vitamin D deficiency, possible liver damage, and I am borderline diabetic. What a doozy huh? The rheumatologist will be able to tell me in what more ways I am falling apart as well. More blood to be drawn, more tests to do. Blech. While we're on the topic...



This Wednesday (Nov 7th) I have my first rheumy appointment. At first I was more apprehensive about going to the rheumatologist, but now... I don't know... it doesn't seem so bad? I am worried I'll have to take my clothes off so she can see my joints and swelling, but hopefully not. I also know she's also gonna say something about my weight. I swear, doctors expect you to walk in the next time you see them and have dropped 100lbs. *eyeroll* 

Today we are planning on returning to the gym. Walking, that is my goal. Just an hour of walking a day at first. I've been told I need to not push myself too much because I can cause more harm than good. I just need to get my body and joints moving so things don't get any worse and hopefully I can lose some weight. We actually came to the conclusion that I have stunted my metabolism by not eating ever and so my body holds onto everything. Sigh! I was told I need to be eating frequent and small meals, but I'm just not hungry. I don't know what to do. We have healthy options in the house, just not ever hungry to eat them.

Noticed that "we" huh? Well, as many know, a year and a half ago the most wonderful man moved to Texas and we've been inseparable since. We recently celebrated our three year anniversary and I wouldn't change a thing. He has been there for me through everything. My good days, my bad, and my really bad and everything inbetween. For now we'll call him "M".

M is a different man than most. We understand eachother in every way possible, and with him around it's nearly impossible to have a bad day. He knows just what to do to make me smile and laugh and he understands if I'm just not feeling well. He's beyond patient with me, saint-like pretty much. I don't know anyone else who has the amount of patience he has, specially for someone like me who can be... trying! Ha. I'm stubborn, and impatient, and a myriad of other things, but he still loves me. *dreamy sigh* I think there is someone out there for everyone, regardless of race, gender, or miles between them, and I hope everyone can find their special someone.

I think that is all for now, more will come after my rheumy appointment since I am sure that will be full of new anxieties and information. I also hope to start a video blog eventually, if I can find the time for it between the deep house cleaning that will be happening over the next few weeks in preparation for holidays and company coming over. I will leave you with my ever-growing pile of pill bottles, my vit-d prescription is missing though, it's downstairs for some reason. Hrm...

(Excuse the bluryness - I'll find a real camera instead of my phone one soon enough) From left to right - Tums, Tylenol Precise, 500mg Naproxen, Omeprazole Magnesium (Prilosec), Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride (muscle relaxant), Medicated Chapstick (I usually use burts bees, but I'm having very very dry lips and nose recently so have been using that in the short term since nothing else was working), Ibuprofen (Advil), and Pamprin. 50,000 IU of Vitamin D (taken once a week) not pictured. Plushie Link is being a creeper back there too - what a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment